BEST Robotics is a national nonprofit providing nearly 25,000 middle and high school students with a STEM Education after school program and robotics competition. Our goal is to make STEM accessible and inclusive and to equip students with the skills they need to secure a place in the workforce. We work with over 4,500 volunteers and mentors across the country to inspire young people to pursue STEM majors and ultimately careers during this six-week fall program.
The BEST Robotics program is FREE to schools and students and is currently available through 44 licensed Hubs across 17 states. Schools enroll through Hubs in the spring in order to participate during the fall in the following academic year.
Learning Through Creativity,
Collaboration & Strategy
The Engineering Design Process is the fundamental problem-solving tool BEST teachers and mentors use to help guide the students through the design and construction phase of the competition. All students are invited to participate and they are the primary decision-makers, designers, and builders.
Our Core Objectives
- Provide students with a real-world engineering experience that incorporates the practical application of math and science
- Prepare students to be technologically literate and thus better prepared to enter the workforce
- Help students develop leadership, project management, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Develop students’ confidence and competence through self-directed learning, decision abstract thinking, and problem-solving
Outcomes self-reported by BEST Students:
• Pre/Post surveys shows an 88% increase in computers and technology aptitude
• Interest in STEM careers rose 77%
• Of those who went to college, nearly 50% chose STEM-related majors